The Sr. Director of Global Marketplaces will be responsible for driving and growing sales across multiple marketplaces and geo-locales and develop the channel strategically. Technical acumen, focus on scalable solutions, data-driven decision making and leadership are a must. Knowledge of international markets, product promotions and merchandising, and project management skills are plus.
Day in the Life of:
- Develop and execute strategies to drive and grow our Amazon, EBay, and other marketplace sales, including creating a desired development path of technical solutions and new business processes to deliver increased revenue at a lower operating expense.
- Provide vision, strategy, and leadership and enable the team to achieve channel goals.
- Identify, report, and act on key metrics that drive the channel.
- Expand to new marketplaces and geo-locales, including Asia.
- Lead Marketplace system integrations.
- Analyze and assesses the effectiveness of all existing operations and current needs based on new technology and market competition
- You will identify and tackle inventory gaps, competitive risks, and growth opportunities.
- You will maintain in-stock positions by partnering with supply chain to forecast and execute replenishment shipments
- You will maintain accurate product information on Amazon and other marketplaces including descriptions, pricing, and search keywords
- You will develop, launch, and maintain an effective marketing and promotion calendar
- You will develop, launch, and maintain ad budgets for traffic driving
- Manage and optimize Marketing budgets to deliver improved ROAS across both AMG and AMS
- Partner with merchandising group to optimize product assortment and pricing.
- Partner with Technology and Product Management group to maintain, build, and enhance marketplace technology
- Identify and tackle inventory gaps, competitive risks, and growth opportunities.
- Any additional duties as assigned to you.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field. Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in marketplace sales, or a related industry
- CPG experience
- Has experience establishing international markets
- Is bilingual, trilingual, or multilingual
- Knowledge of establishing international markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team in the development and execution of strategic initiatives
- Very detail oriented with strong project management skills
- Enjoys being around others and can quickly establish relationships with them.
- Is service driven and enjoys meeting others’ needs on a daily basis.
- Enjoys autonomy and can effectively manage time with little to no supervisions.